Illinois Car Shipping
YOU DON’T TRUST YOUR CAR WITH JUST ANYONE ...AND NEITHER DO WE!Quickly get your online estimate to ship with a trusted and fully vetted car carrier, backed by our Ironclad – Damage Free Guarantee.
Thinking About Shipping Your Car to Illinois? Here’s What You Need to Know.
We hear you’re gearing up to ship your car to Illinois, the “Prairie State”. Or is it the other way around? Whichever it is, we are here to guide you through it, one step at a time.
Step-by-Step Guide on Shipping Your Car to (or from) Illinois:
Pop in or drop us a line. We’re all ears, eager to understand your needs and concerns. A good old chat is always a great way to start, right?
So, how much does it cost to ship a car to IL? It’s a valid question. Pricing isn’t a murky secret with us. We’ll break it down for you, ensuring every cent makes sense. By the end, you’ll see it’s worth every penny.
Setting the Date:=
Pencil us in! Your calendar, your rules. Whether you’re an early bird or a bit last minute, we adapt to your schedule, always aiming for the smoothest move.
Getting Your Car Ready:
Think of it as a mini spa day for your car. A little wash will not only make it gleam but also helps in assessing its condition. It’s all about clarity!
The Journey Begins:
Once everything’s in order, your car will set off on its little adventure. Rest assured, we’ll keep you in the loop while it’s out seeing the sights.
Touchdown in Illinois (or elsewhere):
The big day! Whether your car is saying hello or goodbye to Illinois, there are a few things to wrap up, but don’t fret! We’ll be with you every step of the way.
What Sets Us Apart (and why you might fancy working with us):
- Straight Talk: We ditch the fluff. Our direct but friendly communication style ensures you’re never left scratching your head.
- Transparent Pricing: The quote we give is what stands. No hidden fees or last-minute surprises.
- Quick on Our Feet: While we value speed, precision is our game. We guarantee your car’s timely arrival.
- Safety First: To us, every car is a gem. We ensure its safety as if it was the crown jewel.
Prepping Your Car – A Mini Guide:
- Give it a Wash: A squeaky-clean car is easy to inspect. You’ll be able to pinpoint every tiny scratch or dent, ensuring you recognize your car when it rolls off the truck.
- Clean the Inside: Those leftover fast-food wrappers or old shoes? Best clear them out.
- Snap Some Pics: They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Snap a few shots of your car. This way, you have a before-and-after reference.
As Your Car Ventures Out:
- VIP Treatment: Our loading process is delicate, treating every car with the utmost respect. Your car will feel like a celeb.
- Smooth Rides: Our experienced drivers opt for routes that are easy on your car, ensuring it gets to Illinois (or departs from it) without unnecessary jolts or bumps.
- Stay in Touch: Got the jitters? Need to know where your prized possession is? Ring us! We’ve got real-time updates.
Reuniting with Your Car:
- A Thorough Once-Over: Take your time inspecting your car. Use those earlier snaps as a reference.
- A Little Paperwork Dance: We’ve minimized the red tape, but there’s a smidge left. Together, we’ll breeze through it.
- Off You Go: Illinois is waiting! Or if you’re leaving, new adventures beckon.
Relocating your car to or from Illinois doesn’t need to be a mammoth task. Think of it as a choreographed dance, where every step is calculated and executed precisely. And, if along the way, you have questions, second thoughts, or just need to vent about Chicago traffic, we’re here. Think of us not just as your Illinois car shipping partner but as friends guiding you along.
Remember, moving is always a bit daunting, but it can be smooth sailing with the right partners. Or, in this case, smooth driving!
Frequently Asked Questions
Honest Answers to Your Car Shipping Questions
Yes, we always ask for your specific pickup and delivery addresses, if the carrier can get right to the addresses you provide, they will. If the addresses that you give us are not safely accessible for a Multi-car carrier, however, you will need to make arrangements with the driver to meet at a nearby location where the carrier can safely get in and out.
People do it all the time (rarely for free) but the official answer is no.
Not what you wanted to hear, we know, but that is the honest answer.
We are not licensed to broker the shipment of household goods and, likewise, no car carrier that operates in the USA is licensed to transport them from state to state either. Despite what you might be being told by other car shipping companies you may speak with.
Remember, at the end of the day we're all salespeople, and the true answer to this question is not a great selling point.
You will hear a lot of companies tell you that you can put up to 100 pounds of items in the trunk, but that is not entirely true. That fact is that items of that amount are fairly common and the department of transportation is probably not going to split hairs and fine the trucker over items of that amount, provided they are not over their weight limit. They could fine them, however, if they see a vehicle stuffed full of personal items so the car carrier will most likely try to negotiate something with you to cover themselves against any costs they could incur. It's not something we can build into your contract though.
We have a short and helpful video on this topic in our user videos.
Only in rare cases and car carriers will usually charge a premium to make it happen.
All dates given by car carriers are typically estimates and projections.
For this reason (and to keep your cost down) we ask that you build in some flexibility and give us the earliest possible date you would be WILLING to release the vehicle, even though it may not be your preferred date.
We'll put you in direct contact with your car carrier and the driver will also typically call you the afternoon or evening before your pick up and delivery (they won't just show up unannounced, and if they do we want to hear about it). However, car carriers are out on the road battling traffic, weather and any number of other factors that can and do throw them off of their pickup and delivery projections from time to time.
If the projected dates we give you come and you are unable to make contact with your carrier, please call our office immediately so that we may help resolve the situation.
The average transit time from pick up to delivery on any vehicle going coast to coast will average 7 to 10 days. From there you can figure your transit time based on how far your vehicle is traveling, i.e. from either coast to the Midwest might average 3-7 days.
Even better, we do not even ask for payment until we have you confirmed for pickup by a safe, reliable, fully insured, direct car carrier. If for any reason you do not ship your car with the carrier that we arrange for you, there is no fee.
The fees paid directly to the carrier however, (in most cases, their fees are not paid until your vehicle is delivered) are not directly controlled by us, so any requests for a refund of the carrier's portion would need to be addressed with the carrier directly.
Of course! And you are always backed by our Damage Free Guarantee policy.
Part of what you pay us for is to verify that the car carrier that we put you on is covered by the proper amount of insurance and that everything is up to date.
There is never any additional cost to you for this coverage, and their insurance is always primary.