I need my car STAT!
If you're a travel nurse car shipping is a great option for those who want to bring their own car to their new assignment location or bring it back home after an assignment. Here are some of the benefits for travel nurses to ship a car to another state:
- Convenience and Flexibility: Having your own car at your new assignment location gives you the freedom to come and go as you please, which can be especially important for travel nurses who work long hours. You can easily commute to and from work, run errands, and explore your new surroundings.
- Avoid Wear and Tear on Your Vehicle: Driving long distances can put a lot of wear and tear on your car. By shipping your car, you can avoid putting unnecessary miles on it and potentially save on maintenance costs.
- Reduces Stress and Fatigue: Driving long distances can be tiring and stressful. Shipping your car can help you avoid the stress and fatigue of a long drive, so you can arrive at your new assignment feeling refreshed and ready to start working.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your car is being shipped by a professional company can give you peace of mind. You can relax and enjoy your travel, knowing that your car is in good hands.
- Cost-Effective: While car shipping may seem expensive at first, it can actually be more cost-effective than renting a car for an extended period of time and there are ways the team at Ship a Car Direct can work with you to secure a better rate if your flexible on dates or even willing to ship to nearby larger cities. Additionally, many travel nurse agencies and hospitals will offer reimbursement on car shipping services and they will work with them directly if you like.
Shipping a car can save hours of driving and logistical headaches but there are still several factors to consider if shipping your car.
How Long Does It Take to Ship a Car?
The first consideration is the duration. If you’re only on assignment for a week to ten days, a local rental will probably be your best bet. Although rental rates are higher since the pandemic, it’s still a great option for the short term. If you’re going for longer than a couple of weeks, shipping your own car is your best option, but not all auto transport companies are the same.
What Does Car Shipping for Nurses Cost?
Price is your next consideration but don’t undervalue convenience and safety. You need to make sure the carrier is fully insured. You want to know that the driver is vetted and has a great track record. You want to know that your car is in good hands from the moment it’s picked up until the moment it’s delivered.
Who Nurses the Nurses?
Since drivers don’t generally deal with the public (they’re busy driving) you will use a broker to secure your move. Some of the larger companies out there are Montway, Amerifreight, and Sherpa, but the company that’s quickly becoming the number one broker for travel nurses is Ship a Car Direct.
Ship a Car Direct ships thousands of cars per year and since many of them belong to traveling nurses they understand your unique needs and assign each nurse their own personal shipping concierge - one person who is there from start to finish to make sure you get the best rates on the most reliable carrier on the dates you need.
After shipping with Ship a Car Direct the first time, some nurses just text their rep new zip codes and dates and the rep handles everything from there. After 16 years in business, they love to hear from the same customers year after year and that repeat business is a testament to their commitment to taking care of some of the hardest working people around.
A good broker knows you’re juggling a million things when it comes time to relocate so they need to take the stress out of transporting your car. Whether you’re moving in a few months, a few weeks or even in a few days, great can get a carrier to transport your car for you on your schedule.
Here’s how Car Shipping works with Ship a Car Direct …
- You let us know the year, make and model of your car and your ideal shipping dates.
- We will put together an estimate/quote of what the move will cost.
- You accept the quote and enter the addresses for pick up and drop off.
- We can pick it up anywhere you want and from anyone you want - so if you decide you want your car from home but you’re already on assignment, we can pick it from a friend or relative.
- Ship a Car Direct matches you up with a secure carrier for your dates and price.
- You approve the carrier and put a small deposit on a credit card to secure your spot.
- A car carrier picks up the car in your driveway (or anywhere you like).
- Your car is delivered safe and sound to your new location and you pay the driver the remaining balance directly.
Car Shipping Questions Answered
We understand you might still have questions, so we created these short videos to answer just about every question you might have. If you are considering shipping your car as a travel nurse, we encourage you to do your research and compare quotes from different companies. It’s important to look at their reviews and beware when they offer price/date guarantees and prices that sound too good to be true. It’s also important they understand your deadlines and priorities and the team at Ship a Car Direct has proven over and over again that they understand the unique situations faced by travel nurses. Get a quote now.