Putting an auto shipment into someone else’s hands is an investment. For many car owners, it’s as much of an emotional investment as a financial one! But, it doesn’t mean it has to be difficult. Many first-time customers need the assurance their car or truck will return to them damage-free. Here’s how you can help ensure that will happen.
How Do Auto Shippers Protect My Vehicle During Shipping?
What you’ll find with one auto shipper you won’t find with another. That’s why it pays to do your research in order to find the right one for your needs. Some of the most important things to know are:
- Never base your decision on the price alone. Most of the time, when it comes to auto shipping, you pay for what you get. If their price is significantly low, they may be cutting corners somewhere. Is it on insurance? Because they don’t have a great reputation and need to drum up more business? Either way, that’s not a good sign.
- Don’t pay a deposit. Your auto dealer should never ask for a deposit but instead payment when you pick up your vehicle. If they ask for any money up front, this may be your biggest sign they aren’t the right shipper for you and may not have what it takes to protect your vehicle during the process.
- They have bad reviews. One or two negative reviews isn’t something to write them off about, but a theme of multiple negative reviews talking about their poor customer service or inadequate delivery should raise a red flag.
Consider External Factors to Protect Your Vehicle
Here’s a few additional tips to provide you with the knowledge to protect your vehicle during the car shipping process:
- Size and type of vehicle. The size of the vehicle always goes into play. A classic or vintage vehicle may require an enclosed trailer to transport it to and from (which typically costs more than an open trailer). But when it comes to minimizing the risk of damages to your vehicle, the more protection you can give it, the better.
- The season it’s being shipped. Weather is always a consideration when shipping a vehicle. During the spring, prices tend to increase and accidents can happen. While the winter weather can cause your transport to take longer due to ice, heavy rain or snow, it’s worth being flexible with your time frame to minimize the risk of damages done.
A Company That Does It Differently
Ship a Car Direct is America’s number one shipping company. We offer an unparalleled customer experience, by finding only the best shipping companies to fit your needs and your budget. We don’t trust everyone, which is why we pride ourselves on saying “No” to hundreds of companies and only work with the best. Over 600 5-star reviews will prove it!