Every manufacturer today is implementing new and exciting technology in its products, and this also applies to the auto industry. New 2017 and 2018 cars have exciting and innovative features that can keep everyone on the road safe and sound. This article will showcase the coolest features of the newest models of 2017-18!
Automated Driving Features That Will Change Your Driving Game
One of the greatest advancements in the automobile industry is the new self-driving features. You can find advanced cruise control and forward auto-breaking (and more!) on models such as the Lexus LS sedan, Volvo XC60 crossover SUV, and the Cadillac CT6 Super Cruise sedan. Although they aren’t quite at the point of driving themselves, they’re close (and if you live in California, you’ll soon see self-driving vehicles hit the streets!)
Features to make driving easier include:
- Customizable cruise control. Customized cruise control is a more advanced version of the cruise control that we already know and love, with added benefits like a decrease in long-term leg muscle fatigue, and a more comfortable driving position for trips.
- Blind spot cameras. Without a blind spot, you have greater visibility—which equals to fewer accidents on the road. Blind spot cameras allow you to have a wide range of sight so you can see who and what are all on sides of you, at all times.
- Lane-monitoring systems. Lane-monitoring will allow you to easily know when the next lane is clear before you make your move.
- Forward auto-braking. The 2017-18 braking systems aren’t the braking systems you’re used to. In fact, many makes and models have warning lights on the dashboard and sensors prevent you from getting too close to the vehicle in front of you.
- Automated Steering. Do you ever get too close to the curb (or another vehicle) due to wide turns? Do you find it difficult to parallel park in tight spots? The newest models have automated steering, making parallel parking and other difficult to maneuver areas easier than ever!
Drivers should not completely rely on these new features when driving, especially on large highways, but they are a great aid. These features make driving safer than it’s ever been, and they are fun to use! Some cars even have features that stop the car if the driver is not being as responsive as they should be. This can be great for parents of new drivers.
Who doesn’t love the roar of a powerful car? Not everyone enjoys this sound, though. Neighbors with young children, or simply those who simply want peace and quiet may not enjoy being disrupted by the sound of a powerful engine. Ford is offering a “Quiet Mode” option for their 2018 Mustang to give people the option of quieting these noises when appropriate.
Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) Communication
It seems that we can communicate with anyone from just about anywhere nowadays. Now, even our cars can communicate with each other. They can even communicate with traffic lights and other electronic driving mechanisms. This communication can tell you everything you need to know while driving from traffic alerts to climate issues. How is this possible? Cars are now equipped with 4G technology. This technology is also helping make Bluetooth in vehicles more reliable than ever before.
Did you know that distracted drivers are the number one cause of collision? Texting and driving is extraordinarily dangerous because it takes our attention away from the road. Numerous studies prove that texting can be even more dangerous than driving drunk. Now, you can simply press a button and send a text while keeping your eyes on the road.
Do you need to ship your car across the country, but find the process and the cost overwhelming? At shipacardirect.com, we make each step a seamless, and enjoyable experience – for every customer. Contact us today to receive a car shipping quote, and experience for yourself why we were rated Customers #1 Choice Car Carrier Service and given 5-star Auto Transport Reviews. After all, you shouldn’t trust your car with just anyone—and neither do we. Contact us today for a free quote!