Are you overwhelmed by the amount of car shipping companies available, and want to find one with the experience and expertise to handle your vehicle long distance? Whether you're moving long distance, buying a vehicle remotely, or selling a vehicle to a buyer who's located a long distance away, you need to find a car shipper you can rely on to ship your car in a timely matter without causing any damage to the vehicle en route. Consider this article your how-to guide for all car shipping information—so you make the perfect choice, with peace of mind along the way!
5 Techniques For Choosing A High-Quality Car Shipper
The following are five important tips to keep in mind when you're looking for a company to ship your vehicle:
- Do your research. Having a car shipped is typically a big investment that costs—but it doesn’t have to cost you an arm and leg. Research multiple companies to see how long they've been doing business, how good their customer service is, what services they provide, and what awards they’ve received. Be aware that car shipping is a fairly unregulated industry. This means that you need to put the research in to get the service that you need.
- Look up reviews online. What do past customers have to say about delivery? Overall quality? Customer service? Any company that's been doing business in car shipping will eventually accumulate some reviews online. Avoid working with any company that doesn’t have customers vouching for their expertise and commitment to quality.
- Be aware of the company's insurance provider is. A vehicle shipper needs insurance to compensate clients in the event of an accident. This is one of the most important assets a vehicle shipper needs to have available to it. You should be aware of what insurance coverage your car shipper has before you sign on with them for a vehicle shipment.
- Ask about your scheduling options. If you need to have a vehicle shipped, you're may have a tight deadline you’re working with. The right car shipping company will be able to accommodate your needs—as opposed to you feeling like you need to accommodate theirs. Ask shippers how quickly they can deliver your vehicle and how much notice they need to schedule your vehicle for shipping.
- Don’t necessarily go with the lowest price. As with anything else, you get what you pay for—so, don’t be tempted to opt for the lowest car shipping quote. Factor in everything: testimonials, years of experience, and reputation. The right shipping company will be able to offer you these important aspects-as well as a fair price.
At Ship A Car Direct, we guarantee high-quality care and service every step of the way. You will receive door-to-door service, and we don’t even ask for payment until your vehicle is assigned for pickup (unlike many other companies that require payment up front). Contact us today for a free car shipping quote and schedule your pick-up online.